Need-based financial assistance is available. The goal of our administration is to make Pope John Paul II High School financially affordable for all students that wish to attend.
Families need to apply for this assistance AFTER registration has been submitted along with payment of the Registration Fee. The first step in the application process is to come to the PJP School Office to pick up the hard-copy form that is required. Once you have the form, families must submit that completed form AND apply via the FACTS website www.online.factsmgmt.com/signin/43YJP prior to the spring deadline set in January 2019. Upon review of their financial information, our web partner will notify PJP of those families that require assistance and a calculated amount that the family appears to be eligible. A financial advisory committee then reviews this information and notifies the family.
IMPORTANT: Financial assistance must be applied for in the spring after registration PRIOR to the academic year in which you seek the assistance. If the deadline isn't met, you will not receive consideration as all available funds are already distributed.
There are various scholarship opportunities offered to PJP students, and most are NOT based on the student’s grades.
- Pillars Grant $100
- Essay Contest
- ONLY Incoming 8th Grade students are eligible
- Catholic Elementary School Discount $500
- Automatically awarded to ANY incoming 8th grader coming from a Catholic elementary school
PJP Alumni Association Scholarships
- Alumni Award $500
- Essay Contest
- ALL incoming students are eligible
- Deadline in April prior to start of following school year
- One winner selected for each grade level, entering 8th graders through graduating seniors
- Legacy Award $1,000
- Essay contest
- ONLY children of PJP Alumni are eligible
- Deadline in April/May prior to start of following school year
- One winner selected from all applicants
Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Champions of Education - please see website below for more information
- Derek Thomas Award $1,000
- Offered by the family of Derek Thomas, Class of ‘98
- Essay contest focused on organ donor awareness
- Deadline in May prior to start of following school year
FOR STUDENTS COMING FROM PUBLIC SCHOOLS: You may be eligible for assistance through the Louisiana Tuition Arete Scholars Program at www.AreteScholars.org.